Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation (AAR) is the South Australian Government's lead agency on Aboriginal affairs matters.
Situated in the Department of State Development, AAR supports the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation Hon Kyam Maher MLC.
- empowers Aboriginal people to have a stronger voice in decisions that affect their lives and provides leadership in promotion of effective governance arrangement
- provides whole of government policy advice and leadership
- supports engagement with Aboriginal stakeholders including the provision of culturally appropriate advice to government
- develops and coordinates whole of government strategies, particularly the Council of Australian Government’s National Indigenous Reform Agreements
- provides support to the South Australian Aboriginal Advisory Council, Chief Executive’s Group on Aboriginal Affairs and other representative bodies as required
- encourages across-government knowledge sharing and support of reconciliation principles
- provides advice and support to the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation on the administration of legislation committed to the Minister.
For more information, contact:
Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation
Level 7, 11 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Phone (08) 8226 8900
Fax (08) 8226 8999