Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation (AAR) is the South Australian Government's lead agency on Aboriginal affairs matters.
Situated in the Department of State Development, AAR supports the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation Hon Kyam Maher MLC and is responsible for driving the Government’s Aboriginal affairs agenda.
AAR’s primary role is to:
- empower Aboriginal people to have a stronger voice in government decision-making and provide leadership in promotion of effective governance arrangements
- provide whole of government policy advice and leadership
- support skills development, job creation and sustainable employment for Aboriginal people
- support engagement with Aboriginal stakeholders including the provision of culturally appropriate advice to government
- develop and coordinate whole of government strategies
- support the South Australian Aboriginal Advisory Council, Chief Executive’s Group on Aboriginal Affairs and other representative bodies as required
- encourage across-government knowledge sharing and support of reconciliation
- provide advice and support to the Minister for Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation on the administration of legislation committed to the Minister.
Aboriginal Regional Authority Policy
Working with the state’s Aboriginal peoples to co-design an Aboriginal Regional Authority Policy.
For more information, contact:
Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation
Level 7, 11 Waymouth Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Phone (08) 8226 8900
Fax (08) 8226 8999