Helping people translate good ideas and business models into new growth orientated businesses through a competitive, merit-based grant program.
The SA Micro Finance Fund (SAMFF) aims to make South Australia more globally competitive by enhancing its innovation capabilities through entrepreneurship and supports businesses looking to take new ideas through to production and sales, with the aim of generating export revenue and growth.
The SAMFF offers 2:1 funding of up to $50,000 (i.e. the applicant can receive two dollars of SAMFF funding for every one dollar raised itself).
Eligible activities and expenditure
Eligible expenditure includes:
- development of products, services or processes, including prototype development and technology feasibility testing
- marketing activities
- market research
- filing of provisional patent application or the development of an intellectual property strategy
- other expenditure as approved by the Department of State Development.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- evidence of matching funding
- a letter from a business leader agreeing to mentor the business, including the intended time frame of mentorship
- turnover of no more than $500,000 per annum (GST exclusive)
- the ability to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the South Australian Government.
We will be accepting SAMFF applications for the 2015/16 financial year from Wednesday 1 July 2015 to Monday 31 August 2015 inclusive.
Applications will be assessed and outcomes notified within eight weeks of the closing date.
Your application should consist of the completed Application Form, Project Proposal and Budget Application Form (available for download below), plus the following information:
- Business Mentor letter
- Evidence of Matched Funding
- Evidence of Real World Experience and/or Education – details in the Guidelines.
Download to apply
For more information, contact:
Senior Policy Officer, Entrepreneurship and Digital Technologies
Department of State Development
Phone 08 8207 8709