The Mining Industry Participation Office (MIPO) Advisory Council has a key role in recommending projects for Centre of Excellence funding.
How to get involved
If you believe you have a new idea or project that is relevant to the Mining and Petroleum Centre of Excellence objectives, contact us.
Projects will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Build on existing SA comparative advantage, either in terms of research, industry or natural endowments
- Have industry funding or in-kind support
- Have material impact and be identified as priority for industry
- Solve problems which industry can't solve itself, for reasons such as incomplete or asymmetrical information or common resource problems
- Have multiple partners and require a collaborative approach
- Be publicly reportable.
For more information see the current projects
Download documents to apply
Dates for applications, proposed MIPO Advisory Council meetings and advice of decision for 2017 are:
MIPO Advisory Council meeting
Advice of decision
|8 March 2017||22 March 2017||6 April 2017|
|23 May 2017||6 June 2017||22 June 2017|
|30 August 2017||13 September 2017||28 September 2017|
|7 November 2017||21 November 2017||7 December 2017|