WorkReady brings together government subsidised training, employment and skills initiatives and investment.
WorkReady began 1 July 2015 and is being phased in to ensure that Government investment in training, employment and skills is targeting the areas of greatest strategic need to industry and a transforming economy.
It aims to ensure the public investment in training is aligned to strategic industry sectors and growth areas.
It has been designed to improve training completion rates and employment by supporting a skilled and capable workforce to fill current and emerging jobs in priority areas.
WorkReady will support direct connections between training and jobs at the local level and connect people to the training and employment activity best suited to them over a working lifetime.
Building a skilled and capable workforce, able to fill current and emerging job opportunities, will be the hallmark of WorkReady’s success.
Resources and downloads
- View information about Jobs First: Subsidised Training List (STL) Projects
- View the Funded Training List / Subsidised Training List
- View the Apply to add a Course to Subsidised Training List
- View the WorkReady Jobs First Employment Projects Guidelines
- View the Guidelines for WorkReady Jobs First Subsidised Training List (STL) Projects 2015-16