The Department of State Development aims to create online opportunity for all South Australians.
The South Australian Government recognises that broadband is the utility of the 21st century and that all South Australians are entitled to broadband connectivity.
However, connectivity alone is not enough to create a vibrant economy and engaged community - we also need to encourage digital literacy across South Australia.
The Department of State Development promotes and supports digital and technology developments within government, business and community sectors, ensuring that strategic policy is developed for economic and social benefit to the State.
Working together with business, industry and the community, the Department seeks to help all South Australians get connected.
- Ensuring every South Australian has access to broadband
- Promoting digital literacy as foundation skills
- Building digital skills capability across the State
- Building a digital economy powered by innovation and technology
- Encouraging local businesses to develop and use online content to underpin the State’s digital economy
- Developing best practice and models for localised digital economies
- Positioning South Australia to take advantage of national initiatives
Digital technology government initiatives
- National Broadband Network Early Release Sites Reference Group - this group has been created as an information sharing strategy group to incorporate all the councils and stakeholders of the 10 NBN early release sites in South Australia.
- Digital Economy Strategy Group - this group’s role is to provide strategic input and direction to position the State to take maximum advantage of the digital economy.
- National Broadband Network Workforce Project - this is a committee formed to address NBN workforce issues and opportunities.
- National Broadband Network Taskforce - this group leads and coordinates all across-government interaction with the company building the National Broadband Network - NBN Co Limited. The Taskforce is led by the Office of the Chief Information Officer.
Where to from here?
For more information, contact
You may also be interested in:
Technology help for business
Digital technologies can assist with information gathering, price and product discovery and business advertising and promotion.